Explore Special Offers & White Papers from AFS

Indices Trended Higher Since June


Nonfarm payrolls increased 528,000 when a gain of 250,000 was expected.

Private payrolls were up 471,000 when an increase of 220,000 was anticipated.

The unemployment rate was 3.5% when 3.6% was estimated. The labor participation rate was 62.1%, which compares to 62.2% in June.

The 2:00 central time June consumer credit report is predicted to show a $24.5 billion increase.

Despite an ongoing hawkish tone to Federal Reserve officials’ comments, stock index futures have trended higher since the middle of June.

Futures are likely to recover this afternoon.

market analysis


The U.S. dollar advanced when the U.S. employment report was released.

Industrial production in Germany unexpectedly increased by 0.4% on a monthly basis in June of 2022, beating market forecasts of a 0.3% decline and following a revised 0.1% drop a month earlier.

All household spending in Japan on the year increased 3.5% when up 1.5% was expected.


Futures are lower in response to the release of the U.S. employment situation.

Despite the employment numbers today parts of the Treasury yield curve remain inverted.

According to financial futures markets, there is a 38.5% probability that the Federal Open Market Committee will hike its fed funds rate by 50 basis points and a 61.5% probability that the rate will increase by 75 basis points at the September 21 policy meeting.

Futures are likely to recover this afternoon.

Futures and options trading involve significant risk of loss and may not be suitable for everyone.  Therefore, carefully consider whether such trading is suitable for you in light of your financial condition.  The information and comments contained herein is provided by ADMIS and in no way should be construed to be information provided by ADM.  The author of this report did not have a financial interest in any of the contracts discussed in this report at the time the report was prepared.  The information provided is designed to assist in your analysis and evaluation of the futures and options markets.  However, any decisions you may make to buy, sell or hold a futures or options position on such research are entirely your own and not in any way deemed to be endorsed by or attributed to ADMIS. Copyright ADM Investor Services, Inc.

Latest News & Market Commentary

Explore Special Offers & White Papers from Archer Financial Services

Get Started

Contact Us Today