Explore Special Offers & White Papers from AFS

Stock Index Futures Perform Well


Stock index futures are mixed.

screen trading

The 8:45 central time May PMI composite is expected to be 54.5.

The 9:00 April factory orders report is anticipated to show a 0.8% increase.

The 9:00 May Institute for Supply Management services index is predicted to be 52.0.

Futures continue to overperform the news.


The U.S. dollar index firmed as traders price in higher interest rates for longer.

The euro zone May Services PMI was 55.1 when 55.9 was estimated.

Producer price inflation in the euro area declined to 1.0% year-on-year in April 2023, following a downward revision from the previous month’s 5.5% and missing market expectations of 1.4%.

The final S&P Global/CIPS U.K. Services Purchasing Managers’ Index came in at 55.2, which is  slightly down from April’s one-year high of 55.9.

Japan’s service sector activity expanded at a record rate in May. The final au Jibun Bank Japan Services purchasing managers’ index increased to a seasonally adjusted 55.9 last month from the previous peak of 55.4 in April.

The Bank of Canada will hold its monetary policy meeting on Wednesday. Financial futures markets anticipate its key interest rate will remain unchanged at 4.50%, although there is a chance  the bank could resume interest rate hikes.


Futures are mostly lower but remain above major downtrend lines that were broken on the upside early last week.

Financial futures markets are predicting there is a 76% probability that the Federal Open Market Committee will keep its fed funds rate unchanged at its June 14 policy meeting, and there is a 24% chance of a 25 basis point increase.


Interested in more futures markets?  Explore our Market Dashboards here.

Futures and options trading involve significant risk of loss and may not be suitable for everyone.  Therefore, carefully consider whether such trading is suitable for you in light of your financial condition.  The information and comments contained herein is provided by ADMIS and in no way should be construed to be information provided by ADM.  The author of this report did not have a financial interest in any of the contracts discussed in this report at the time the report was prepared.  The information provided is designed to assist in your analysis and evaluation of the futures and options markets.  However, any decisions you may make to buy, sell or hold a futures or options position on such research are entirely your own and not in any way deemed to be endorsed by or attributed to ADMIS. Copyright ADM Investor Services, Inc.

Latest News & Market Commentary

Explore Special Offers & White Papers from Archer Financial Services

Get Started

Contact Us Today