Explore Special Offers & White Papers from AFS

Indexes Likely to Partially Recover this PM


Stock index futures are lower as investors continue to worry about higher interest rates after hawkish remarks from Fed Chair Powell at the Jackson Hole Symposium on Friday. Powell said tightening has a long way to go.

hand w device and document

The 9:30 central time August Dallas Federal Reserve manufacturing survey is anticipated to be negative 13.2.

Stock index futures are likely to at least partially recover this afternoon.


The U.S. dollar is higher, briefly scaling fresh 20-year highs against a basket of other currencies, as Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell signaled interest rates would be kept higher for longer to bring down high inflation.

The long term trend for the U.S. dollar is higher.

The euro traded below $1.00, close to 20-year lows as concerns of a deep and prolonged recession in Europe more than offset the bullish influence of higher interest rates by the European Central Bank.


Lael Brainard will speak at 1:15.

According to financial futures markets, there is a 33.5% probability that the Federal Open Market Committee will hike its fed funds rate by 50 basis points and a 66.5% probability that the rate will increase by 75 basis points at the September 21 policy meeting.

The inverted Treasury yield curve continues to flash warnings of economic risks ahead.

Futures are likely to at least partially recover this afternoon.

Futures and options trading involve significant risk of loss and may not be suitable for everyone.  Therefore, carefully consider whether such trading is suitable for you in light of your financial condition.  The information and comments contained herein is provided by ADMIS and in no way should be construed to be information provided by ADM.  The author of this report did not have a financial interest in any of the contracts discussed in this report at the time the report was prepared.  The information provided is designed to assist in your analysis and evaluation of the futures and options markets.  However, any decisions you may make to buy, sell or hold a futures or options position on such research are entirely your own and not in any way deemed to be endorsed by or attributed to ADMIS. Copyright ADM Investor Services, Inc.

Latest News & Market Commentary

Explore Special Offers & White Papers from Archer Financial Services

Get Started

Contact Us Today