Explore Special Offers & White Papers from AFS

Fed’s Beige Book Released Today


The Federal Reserve‘s Beige Book on the economy will be released at 1:00.

federal reserve

This book is produced approximately two weeks before the monetary policy meetings of the Federal Open Market Committee. On each occasion, a different Federal Reserve district bank compiles evidence on economic conditions from each of the 12 Federal Reserve districts.

Federal Reserve speakers today are Susan Collins at 7:50 and at 11:20, Patrick Harker at 12:30 and Philip Jefferson at 12:30.

Financial futures markets are predicting there is a 34% probability that the Federal Open Market Committee will keep its fed funds rate unchanged at its June 14 policy meeting, and there is a 66% chance of a 25 basis point increase.


Stock index futures are lower as traders follow the progress on efforts to increase the debt ceiling.

The House of Representatives is expected to vote on the bill today, after it was cleared Tuesday in the House Rules Committee by a 7-6 majority. If the bill passes the House, it will then go to the Senate for approval.

Mortgage applications declined for a third consecutive week and fell 3.7% in the week ended May 26, according to data from the Mortgage Bankers Association. Applications to refinance a home loan sank 6.9%, and those to purchase a home fell 2.5%.

The 8:45 central time May Chicago PMI is expected to be 47.0.

The 9:00 April Job Openings and Labor Turnover Survey (JOLTS) is anticipated to be 9.35 million.

Stock index futures have performed well in 2023 despite a variety of bearish news.


The U.S. dollar is higher.

The German Preliminary May consumer price index declined 0.1% on the month when up 0.3% was predicted, and annualized the consumer price index was up 6.1% when a gain of 6.5% was estimated.

German unemployment increased less than expected in May. The number of people out of work increased by 9,000 in seasonally adjusted terms to 2.573 million. Analysts had expected an increase of 15,000.


Interested in more futures markets?  Explore our Market Dashboards here.

Futures and options trading involve significant risk of loss and may not be suitable for everyone.  Therefore, carefully consider whether such trading is suitable for you in light of your financial condition.  The information and comments contained herein is provided by ADMIS and in no way should be construed to be information provided by ADM.  The author of this report did not have a financial interest in any of the contracts discussed in this report at the time the report was prepared.  The information provided is designed to assist in your analysis and evaluation of the futures and options markets.  However, any decisions you may make to buy, sell or hold a futures or options position on such research are entirely your own and not in any way deemed to be endorsed by or attributed to ADMIS. Copyright ADM Investor Services, Inc.

Latest News & Market Commentary

Explore Special Offers & White Papers from Archer Financial Services

Get Started

Contact Us Today