Explore Special Offers & White Papers from AFS

30Yr Bonds Break Out to the Upside


Futures are mixed.

The 8:45 central time July PMI manufacturing index is expected to be 51.8.

Futures are being supported by the belief that the Federal Open Market Committee is becoming less hawkish.

In addition, the technical aspects are becoming more friendly.


The S&P Global Germany Composite PMI fell to 48 in July of 2022 from 51.3 in the previous month and well under market expectations of 50.1. The latest reading pointed to the first contraction of activity since December of last year and the worst in 25 months.

The common currency declined below the key $1.00 level last week for the first time in 20 years, on concerns the energy crisis could push Europe into a recession and make it more difficult for the ECB to tighten monetary policies.

Lower prices are likely for the euro currency.

Retail sales in the U.K. edged down 0.1% month-to- month in June of 2022, following an upwardly revised 0.8% decline in May and compared to market forecasts of a 0.3% drop.

Japan’s overall consumer inflation rose 2.4% from a year earlier in June, exceeding the Bank of Japan’s 2.0% target for three straight months.


Futures are higher cross the board on the growing belief that the Federal Open Market Committee is becoming less hawkish.

According to financial futures markets, there is a 77.5% probability that the Federal Open Market Committee will hike its fed funds rate by 75 basis points and a 22.5% probability that the rate will increase by 100 basis points at the July 27 meeting.

Yesterday the 30-year Treasury bond futures broke out above a two-week symmetrical triangle pattern with follow- through today.

Higher prices are likely for the interest rate market futures.

Futures and options trading involve significant risk of loss and may not be suitable for everyone.  Therefore, carefully consider whether such trading is suitable for you in light of your financial condition.  The information and comments contained herein is provided by ADMIS and in no way should be construed to be information provided by ADM.  The author of this report did not have a financial interest in any of the contracts discussed in this report at the time the report was prepared.  The information provided is designed to assist in your analysis and evaluation of the futures and options markets.  However, any decisions you may make to buy, sell or hold a futures or options position on such research are entirely your own and not in any way deemed to be endorsed by or attributed to ADMIS. Copyright ADM Investor Services, Inc.

Latest News & Market Commentary

Explore Special Offers & White Papers from Archer Financial Services

Get Started

Contact Us Today